Saturday, July 24, 2010

Resourcing the Curriculum

Well, I am just at the end of my course on Resourcing the Curriculum.
At the start I began to think that a lot of what we were presented with to read was a lot of teaching us what was very obvious to do. I began to wonder if I would learn anything new as what I seemed to be picking up was just clarifying what I beleived should happen.
However by the end of the course I realised just how important this subject was. Not only did it become clear how important a professional Collection Policy was but also how valuable the excercise was in writing up one specific to a particular school. I became very pleased with my final Collection Policy. I now beleive this would be one of the first areas I would look into if I happen to obtain a TL position as a TL. I now understand how invaluable a professionalCollection Policy document for a most effective and relevant library service to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment