Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Different types of leaders

It has been very interesting for me to consider just how varying leaders can be.
I have personally experienced this and how different types of leaders in the same setting can drastically change the overall environment and atmosphere of an institution.

And now I have read in chapter 3 of the Fullan text about several different types of leaders and just how different each one is.
It is quite amazing that all these different sorts of leaders exist and that any one given organisation is at the mercy of the style of leadership allowed to operate.
Boy, leadership can really make a difference!!!!
And boy, we are as employees really at the mercy of whatever leadership we are under.

Whate surprises me is that the less desirable styles of leadership can still obtain positions of power - why can't those in the job of employing leaders be better equipped to understand who they are employing.

What this does for me personally as a possible up and coming leader is to make sure I have a very well rounded leadership style and can adapt my style according to presenting needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment