Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Continued ramblings

Well this week has begun to test my strengths and weaknesses in the area of collaboration.

I am enjoying it but realise there is much growing to do.

Our subject is the TL as leader and we are to work in a group of 4 to present a power point display on a topic of our choice (within limits) to convince an editorial board to provide funding for our research.

So we have ll begun chatting and expressing our opinions.

The challenge for me is to let go of the assigment as all of ours -not just mine and to be willing to sacrifice some of what I think is important if it doesn't go down with the others.

So far so good but I can sense in myself an element of pride and need to be in control that I'll have to be careful with so we all feel a part of this project.
One thing that keeps sticking in my memory from one of the readings is that a good leader actually is developing leadership qualities in others so much so that at the end of a task, itis actually the others in the group who think they have acheived the work done - that all the good thinking and ideas have been generated by them and not the main leader.

In this assignment we are all equally leaders so this is very important - to make sure everyone feels like thier contirbutions are listened to and validated.

The readings have been very helpful to encourage me to be a better group member and I need to be aware of being positive and letting go of ideas if the others aren't happy with them.

So off I go to work on all this - YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment