Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Information ProcessModels

Well I'm well into my last assignment and its largely to do with Process Models for me at the moment.

What a challenge to get one's head around all the readings and then to process the information to make comparisons and contrasts!

I mostly enjoyed the ISP by Kuhlthau as it reflected a more holistic approach but the others are good as well if you wish to get a good grounding in the cognitive processes one goes through in becoming a successful TL in affecting student outcomes.

I have also chosen the BIg6 model and PLUS by Herring. These two seem to have a very stuctured layout with precise definitions of each step that one goes through in processing information.

It constantly amazes me at just how little I know about this whole TL business. Here I was thinking I was doing a course that involved traditional views of what a TL is and whacko! here I am being challenged to think about how I cna actively affect studnet outcome s across the curriculum - what a challenge!

Well back to the drawing board to think some more

No comments:

Post a Comment